Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Puttin' On My Dancin' Shoes!


Yesterday I got a very surprising call from my Hubby. The conversation went as follows:
Hubby: "Hey what do we have going on Tuesdays and Fridays for the next few weeks?"
Me: "Why" (I automatically think that he is going to add in more softball, because that is all that he does during the week..Mon, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Tournaments on the weekend)
Hubby: "Just wondering"
Me: (Becoming a little ill due to my assumption) "You have to have a reason b/c you asked about specific days"
Hubby: "We are going to take ballroom dancing classes"
Me: stunned silence
Hubby: "Hello are you there, did you hang up?"
Ok, so needless to say I was shocked. Me and Hubby do not spend any time together. We want to but it always seems there are other things going on with the girls, mostly softball. I love softball, I really do, but at times I resent it with everything that I am. I'll blog about my love/hate relationship with softball some other time. Anyways, I proceed to tell Hubs that he is very sweet to think about this, but I know that he really does not want to do this. I know this because each Monday and Tuesday night he takes every opportunity to tell me how much he hates Dancing with the Stars. He proceeds to tell me that he has been reading my blog and saw my "100 Things" where I posted that I want to dance like DWTS. How sweet!!! So I will be DWTS in no time!! I am pumped and I think that Hubby is really pumped too. He will deny this to everyone, but he wants to rock at it as much as I do. He even watched the finale of DTWS last night to check out their moves!! I will document our progress with becoming outstanding ballroom dancers. It will undoubtedly be hilarious!!

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Now that is one romantic, attentive man you have!!! This ought to keep him on the good list for quite some time to come.

Blessings! Dawn

Anonymous said...

How sweet of your husband. Now he is really paying attention. I told my husband about my blog - he was totally not interested. I wish he was though - he might just learn something new about me!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Holy moly really? Have fun :) Cant wait to read up on your progress!

BTW~ I would have said something similar to that lady too.. it would get annoying after a while hearing that.. thankfully I have only had one person say that to me.

Brenda said...

I'll bet you both will have a ball...no pun intended! Which reminds me of an episode of Home Improvement we saw recently where Tim and Jill try to learn ballroom dancing...hilarious.
Have fun!
Brenda :)

The Southern Mom said...

Awww, how sweet. I'd probably faint if my hubby suggested that! Oh yeah, he deserves a lot of brownie points for that one!

Insane Mama said...

awww, that is so sweet! can you please have your man email, mail or phone my man immedietaly

Crazy in Alabama said...

He is very pleased with himself!! I told him that he doesn't get brownie points if he continues to tell me what a good guy I have!! LOL

Valarie Lea said...

Shut Up!!!!! I can not believe HE initiated this. I am in utter awe and shock and amazement. Let me know what days and I will come take pictures and document this unbelievable occasion. :o)

Crazy in Alabama said...

Valarie:
You think you are shocked? I have felt like I was in the twilight zone!!!

DD said...

brilliant man!!!